Sunday, July 31, 2011

One More Week...

The past couple of days I have been taking a look at my last seven months here in the Dominican Republic. Realizing that it is all coming to an end all to quickly has got me to thinking of all the fun times, hard times, and times where I have seen God work in me and through me, but most of all how much God has changed me this year. I never would have thought that coming and living here was ever a part of the plan but as I look back and take it all in, this was it, this was exactly where I needed to be.

I have done some things here that I would never have been able to say before if I had not followed where God was leading me. I have lived in another country for seven months, hiked down and back up a mountain (more than 5 times), swam at the bottom of a waterfall, meringue danced on the bank of a river, shared in deep discussions along the river, on the beach, and at waterfall edges. I have had more spirits lifted through laughter than I can count, strengthened and made new friendships, built relationships that will never be forgotten. I have fallen in love... with the children that I am with everyday, with this country and the people, and with life here. Leaving will be one of the hardest thing that I will have to do. I have been dreading it since even the first week I was here. As I look back it seems like just yesterday I was stepping off the plane into this country, not knowing what to expect or what God was going to show me in the process of being here.

A few weeks ago I would have said I was defiantly not ready to go home. It scared me to death to think about going home and what that would mean for me. What was I going to do and what was next was just not what I wanted to think about. But all my fear about it has just been taken away on little thing at a time. There is a path for me and God has been faithful to reveal it to me in His own time. I should know by now that He has everything in control and what He has planed for me will be revealed in good time. Although I am super sad to leave this place I am excited for what is to come. I am excited to tell all what God has done here and in my life and what that now means. He is faithful and will continue to be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment