Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Home Again

So I know that I have been home a while now (131 days and counting) but I wanted to put this last post in and finally complete this blog. I knew coming back to the states would be a whirl wind, but I was really hoping I wouldn’t get caught up in it all. Leaving the country of the Dominican Republic was one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life. When I left I so wanted things to be different here, to have changed the way God has moved and changed me, but life moves on everywhere. Transition was hard is hard. I hate to say it but I got caught up and caught up good.

Sharing my story with family and friends was a routine. If I could get my immediate family to ask me questions I would jump for joy. It was defiantly hard moving back home with my parents and siblings. As much as I thought I had changed I could not see any difference in them or if they saw any in me. I started working again a week and a half after I was home and I soon began to realize how much I missed working with my students. There is no reward it seems with what I am doing now. Just the daily routine of up early, home by 3pm, to bed early. There is so much more that I want to do but where in the world has my time gone.

Life really isn’t has horrible as I just made it all sound. I was lucky to have gotten a job as quick as I did. I would not have been able to take my parents advice and buy a house otherwise. Although I think their motive was for keeping me in the states longer. But I love being a home owner and being on my own again, and the four roommates are awesome. And I still get to keep involved in ministry with my church whether it be the Christmas Post production or children’s ministries or the new one, worship arts ministry.

Keeping up with life is hard but He never said it would be easy. Remembering that where ever I am is my ministry especially my job, keeps me going everyday. Memories will always be there but dwelling on what was will not get me to where I need to go and the direction that He has for me, whatever that may be. But whatever I do I will continue to do it for Him.          Isaiah 43

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this Christine. I miss you soooo much. I want to come up there and see you. I am done with the semester tomorrow!
    I want so badly to talk with you girls. Chat about the summer.
    I got caught up in it all here too. It's nearly impossible not to. But I think about my time there often, and I pray for everyone there.
    We will see what God does! :)
    Love you, Christine.

    ReplyDelete