Sunday, July 3, 2011

Thinking...

I cant believe that I have been here for almost six months, on a seven month journey that I started in January. As I look back I have done a lot here and God has continued to show me more and more things about Him and myself. Being in full swing of our summer program, we are super busy working with teams and our ministry sites but it has been great. I have been coming to terms also with the fact that I am leaving soon and have been starting to prepare myself for that. Not such an easy task but one that I need to do.

I have so much running through my head right now, none of which I should be worried about, but you know its just a lot to think about. A lot of it has to do with going home and what is going to be there for me when I get back, but also a lot has to do with this place. Thinking about coming back is one thing but will it actually happen? Will I ever see some of these kids again, I cant promise them that I will but it is a big hope of mine. Just things like these that keep running in and out of my head and ideas that I have like possibly leading a team down next year and what that would look like, and coming on staff with SI and what that would look like. Just so much to think about.

Focusing on the here and now has been my goal for the summer, and will continue to be so. Like I have said before I have come to love it so much here and the people here, and just everything really, that I don’t want to miss a single thing. I owe a lot to the community here that has helped me stay focused on what I am doing and just really keeps me laughing and on my toes. I could not have asked for a better intern/volunteer/staff family. So on Monday our fourth out of five and a one week teams get here, and we will start the finally leg of our amazing summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment